Jan. 19, 2011 (Canada NewsWire Group) --
Facility builds on Bell's National Data Hosting Services portfolio and strengthens Bell's
position on cloud services; major new long-term contracts already in place
MONTREAL, Jan. 19 /CNW Telbec/ - Bell today announced construction of a new Tier 3 Certified data centre in the National Capital Region, significantly enhancing the availability of highly secure data hosting in the region with one of the most energy efficient facilities in North America.
Three customers have already signed long-term co-location contracts worth a total of nearly $100 million to use the new Bell data centre, which is scheduled to begin operation in late 2012.
The centre is designed to meet LEED Gold standards and to be in the top 2% of data centres for the most effective use of power in North America. The 82,000 square foot (7,600 square metre) building will use green hydro power on a grid separate from most National Capital users and deploy redundant utility components.
"The National Capital area market, with its unique mix of high tech giants and government departments, has been struggling to keep up with the demand for high-end, secure data centre space," said Stéphane Boisvert, President, Bell Business Markets. "This facility will help meet the demand for top-tier data hosting with an exceptionally green, cost-effective facility that supports the development of world-class technology solutions and provides high-speed access to one of Canada's leading Cloud providers."
With 50,000 square feet (4,650 square metres) of space available for data centre equipment, Bell's facility will provide unmatched availability through physically redundant, fully diverse connectivity to the Bell network and direct fibre connectivity to the National Capital Region. It will also comply with the strictest security standards, including the use of advanced biometric access controls.
Like five other data centres already operating in Bell's national network, the Ottawa centre will provide Bell customers with co-location, managed hosting and next-generation cloud computing services, such as software as a service and hosted unified communications.
"As with Bell's entire National Data Hosting Services portfolio, the new centre will be supported by the largest and most capable team of information and communications technology professionals in the country," said Mr. Boisvert.
Bell's National Data Hosting Services portfolio offers many advantages for our customers, including:
High availability and security
- Fault-tolerant data centres on par with any in the world, built for security and uptime with minimum N+1 architecture
- 24/7 infrastructure monitoring and management by Bell's Data and Network Operations Centres
- Strong service performance, repair intervals and service availability
- Data security and storage solutions that comply with regulatory and legal requirements
- Maximum operational savings thanks to server and application centralization as well as consolidated networking
- Avoidance of client in-house capacity shortages and costs to build excess capacity for future needs
- Flexible hosting solutions provide quick and easy scalability as needed
- Reduced capital purchases, ongoing investment and hardware maintenance costs
- Predictable monthly rates including space, power, connectivity and technical support on an as-used basis
- Assurance that power is never oversubscribed because every customer's power consumption in every cabinet is constantly monitored
Improved strategic focus for in-house IT resources
- Bell's 24/7 staff and Help Desk provide day-to-day infrastructure management and administration
- Bell's engineering group continuously available to support customer IT teams
Bell is Canada's largest communications company, providing consumers and business with solutions to all their communications needs, including Bell Mobility wireless, high-speed Bell Internet, Bell TV satellite television and Bell Fibe TV, Bell Home Phone local and long distance, and Bell Business Markets IP-broadband and information and communications technology (ICT) services.
The Bell Mental Health Initiative is a multi-year charitable program that promotes mental health across Canada via the Bell Let's Talk anti-stigma campaign and support for community care, research and workplace best practices. To learn more, please visit bce.ca/mentalhealth. Bell is wholly owned by BCE Inc. (TSX, NYSE: BCE). For Bell products and service information, please visit www.bell.ca. For BCE corporate information, please visit www.bce.ca.