Apr. 21, 2011 (Marketwire Canada) --
TORONTO, ONTARIO -- HARTE GOLD CORP. ("Harte") (TSX VENTURE:HRT)(FRANKFURT:H4O) is pleased to announce results from the second batch of drill holes assayed as part of its 10,000 metre 2011 drill program.
- Visible Gold ("VG") encountered in 5 of the 8 drill holes reported
- 5.26 meters grading 17.6 g/t including 1.75 metres grading 52.84 g/t and 0.40 metres grading 204 g/t in SZ-11-15
- High grade intercept at depth indicates significant extension of Sugar Zone Deposit
The first phase of drilling is focused on the Sugar Zone Deposit and consists of an in-fill drilling program from surface to 300 meters to upgrade Inferred Resource to Measured and Indicated Resources in order to update its current NI 43-101 Report, complete a block model of the deposit and begin engineering and mine planning.
|SUGAR ZONE IN – FILL DRILLING|
|SZ-11-07||Anomalous Gold Values|
|SZ-11-09||Drill hole stopped short of the Zone|
|SZ-11-13||No Significant Values|
|SUGAR ZONE EXTENSION DRILLING|
|Hole Number||Zone||From (meters)||To (metres)||Width (metres)||Grade (g/t)||VG|
|Note: Drill results comprise core intersection lengths (true width unknown).|
|As part of the current 10,000 metre drill program Harte is:|
- Testing down dip extensions of the Sugar Zone deposit below the 300 meter level
- Conducting exploration drilling to extend the current 800 meter strike length of the Sugar Zone deposit
- Testing IP/Mag targets approximately 3 kilometres north-west of the Sugar Zone and Wolf Zone
- Line cutting 65 kilometres for IP/ Mag survey over the Fold Closure area north-west of the Wolf Zone to generate next phase drill targets.
QA / QC Statement
Diamond drill holes were drilled with NQ sized core in order to obtain larger sample volumes of the mineralized zones. The core was sealed and delivered by the drilling contractor to Harte's facilities located in White River, Ontario. The mineralized sections of the cores were photographed for reference, logged and mineralized sections were sawn in half. Sample lengths were 0.5 meters. Half core samples were bagged, sealed and delivered to Activation Laboratories in Thunder Bay, Ontario, an accredited laboratory. The remaining core is stored on site for reference. Samples were assayed by the fire assay method using an atomic absorption finish on a 50 gram pulp split. A quality assurance and quality control program (QA/QC) was implemented by Harte and the laboratory to ensure the precision and reproducibility of the analytical method and results. The QA/QC program includes the insertion of standards, blanks and field duplicates in the sample batches sent to the laboratory and a systematic re-assaying of samples returning values above 3 g/t Au by the fire assay method using a gravimetric finish.
The drill program is being conducted under the supervision of George A. Flach, P. Geo, Vice President of Exploration for Harte. Mr. Flach is the Qualified Person (QP) as defined in National Instrument 43-101 and has reviewed the technical information contained herein.
About Harte Gold Corp.
Harte Gold Corp. is a Canadian gold exploration company with interests in the Sugar Zone and Stoughton-Abitibi properties located in Ontario, Canada. The Sugar Zone Property is located 60 kilometres east of the Hemlo Gold Camp and holds an NI 43- 101 compliant Indicated Resource of 1,117,000 tonnes, grading 8.41 g/t Au for 302,000 ounces of contained gold and an Inferred Resource of 417,000 tonnes, grading 7.13 g/t Au for 95,000 ounces of contained gold. Harte is the operator of the Sugar Zone Property and currently owns a 49% interest with the option to acquire the remaining 51%.
Common Shares Outstanding: 141,557,563
Neither the TSX Venture Exchange nor its Regulation Services Provider (as that term is defined in the policies of the TSX Venture Exchange) accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.
Harte Gold Corp.
President and CEO
Harte Gold Corp.
Investor Relations Consultant