Jun. 28, 2011 (Canada NewsWire Group) --
Stores now offer reliable major home appliances for kitchen and laundry
TORONTO, June 28, 2011 /CNW/ - Starting today, Canadian Tire stores across the country now offer Inglis® refrigerators, washers, dryers, dishwashers, and cooking ranges as well as Amana® freezers and microwaves, at competitive prices.
"Canadians turn to Canadian Tire for high-quality small appliances and we're now very excited to be partnering with Inglis and Amana to offer quality home appliances at great value," says T.J. Flood, Vice President, Merchandising, Canadian Tire.
Towards delivering a unique and convenient shopping experience to its customers, Canadian Tire introduced major appliances at 11 stores in British Columbia and Ontario last year. "The current expansion is a direct result of the positive feedback from customers who appreciated the diverse assortment at those stores," says T.J. Flood.
Starting today, the following major home appliances are available at Canadian Tire stores across the country:
- Two models each of Inglis® washers and dryers with front as well as top loading options - Starting from $349.99. Front load pedestals and stacking kits are also available.
- Three models of Inglis® refrigerator models (including an ENERGY STAR® qualified Bottom-Freezer Refrigerator) and two Amana® freezer models - Starting from $479.99
- Two models of Inglis® ENERGY STAR® qualified dishwasher models - Starting from $299.99
- Three models of Inglis® cooking ranges - Starting from $449.99
- One model of Amana® over-the-range microwave - $299.99
Customers who purchase major home appliances also have the option of purchasing the following value-added services at Canadian Tire:
- Convenient home-delivery within 100 km of all Canadian Tire stores across Canada
- An optional 24-month extended 'Dependability Plus' warranty in addition to the one-year manufacturer's warranty
- Accessories such as Affresh Tablets, Washing Machine Hoses and Replacement Water Filters from Whirlpool Canada
From July 1 to July 28, 2011, customers can take advantage of several promotional offers including compelling discounts of up to $150 off as well as bonus cards to be used on future purchases of select appliances. Customers can find more information on availability of home appliances and current promotions at www.canadiantire.ca/majorappliances.
ABOUT CANADIAN TIRE
Canadian Tire Corporation, Limited (TSX: CTC.a) (TSX: CTC) is one of Canada's most-shopped general retailers, offering everyday products and services to Canadians through more than 1,200 retail and gasoline outlets from coast-to-coast. Our primary retail business categories - Automotive, Living, Fixing, Playing and Apparel - are supported and strengthened by our Financial Services division, which offers such products and services as credit cards, in-store financing, product warranties, and insurance. Nearly 57,000 people are employed across the Canadian Tire enterprise, which was founded in 1922 and remains one of Canada's most recognized and trusted brands.
150 years ago, John Inglis and his sons started a small company in Guelph, Ontario, Canada. They founded a company built on honest principles of providing consumers with quality, long-lasting products that have practical innovation. Today, Inglis® Home Appliances continues to maintain these traditional family values in the appliance industry and remains as committed as ever to offering simply hard-working and long-lasting laundry and kitchen appliances. And it is due to this proven reputation for manufacturing quality and innovative products that consumers have trusted the Inglis® brand name for over 150 years.
Look for the ENERGY STAR® symbol. It shows the product meets the ENERGY STAR® guidelines for energy efficiency. For more information, visit www.inglis.ca.
Michelle Ghandour, Manager Communications, Canadian Tire
Sandeep Dhaliwal, Communications Advisor, Canadian Tire
Steven Maroun, Brand Manager, Inglis and Amana - Whirlpool Corporation