VANCOUVER, BRITISH COLUMBIA--(Marketwire - Dec. 5, 2011) - Artha Resources Corporation (TSX VENTURE:AHC) ("Artha" or the "Company") is pleased to announce that the Company has filed a National Instrument 43-101 technical report on the Organullo Project recently optioned from Cardero Argentina S.A. The Organullo project is a relatively advanced epithermal gold-silver project located in northern Salta Province NW Argentina with excellent potential for both high sulphidation type epithermal high grade gold and silver as well as bulk tonnage lower grade gold and silver mineralization.
With reference to the Company's news release dated September 12, 2011, the Company entered into an Option Agreement to whereby it can earn an undivided fifty-five (55%) percent working interest in the interest of Cardero Argentina S.A. ("Cardero Argentina") in the tenures which make-up the Organullo Project, and thereafter form a Joint Venture with Cardero Argentina, a wholly owned subsidiary of Cardero Resource Corp. ("Cardero").
Organullo Project Summary.
- a total of 1,580 surface rock samples collected by previous explorers from an area of approximately 8-kilometres by 8-kilometres average 0.25 g/t gold.
- 189 metres of 0.66 g/t gold and 186 metres of 0.50 g/t gold in historic drilling prior to Cardero.
- Cardero considered that historic exploration inadequately tested this large, pervasive gold-silver bearing system.
- Gold values from 361 rock samples collected by Cardero over 8 kilometres of strike on the 6100 ha property averaged 0.48 g/t gold and range from below detection to 29.7 g/t gold.
- Mapping and geochemical analyses conducted by Cardero defined a 2.1-kilometre by 800-metre zone of hydrothermal alteration indicative of both low- and high-sulphidation style epithermal gold deposits.
- Geophysical surveying conducted by Cardero characterized the historical Julio Verne Mine and identified similar targets over a 5-kilometre strike length.
- Broad zones of low grade gold mineralisation identified in Cardero diamond drilling included 445m at 0.15 g/t gold with primary targets still untested.
Artha considers the Organullo project to offer excellent drill ready targets with a focus on delineating both large bulk tonnage potential as well as higher grade zones in dilatant structures. The property delivers an exceptional and relatively advanced project into Artha's highly prospective portfolio in the under explored NW of Argentina. Drilling is planned to commence on the project in the December 2011 quarter.
Artha was founded by a team of mining industry professionals with a proven track record in project generation, exploration, mining and finance. Artha is one of the largest mineral explorers in this region with over 2,100 square kilometers of properties prospective for silver, gold, base metals and rare earths.
On Behalf of the Board of Directors,
Todd McMurray, President
Forwarding Looking Statement Disclaimer .
This news release includes certain forward-looking statements or information. All statements other than statements of historical fact included in this release, including, without limitation, statements regarding future plans and objectives of the Company are forward-looking statements that involve various certain risks and uncertainties. In certain cases, forward-looking statements can be identified by the use of words such as "plans", "expects" or "does not expect", "is expected", "budget", "scheduled", "estimates", "forecasts", "intends", "anticipates" or "does not anticipate", or "believes", or variations of such words and phrases or statements that certain actions, events or results "may", "could", "would", "might" or "will be taken", "occur" or "be achieved". Forward-looking statements involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors which may cause the actual results, performance or achievements of the Company to be materially different from any future results, performance or achievements expressed or implied by the forward-looking statements. There can be no assurance that such statements will prove to be accurate and actual results and future events could differ materially from those anticipated in such statements. Important factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from the Company's plans or expectations include availability of capital and financing, general economic, market or business conditions, regulatory changes, timeliness of government or regulatory approvals, risks inherent in the mineral exploration and production industry, and other risks detailed herein and from time to time in the filings made by the Company with securities regulators, most of which filings are available at www.sedar.com. The Company disclaims any intention or obligation to revise or update such statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise, except as required under applicable securities laws.
Neither the TSX Venture Exchange nor its Regulation Services Provider (as that term is defined in the policies of the TSX Venture Exchange) accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.