PERTH, WESTERN AUSTRALIA--(Marketwire - March 14, 2012) -
NOT FOR DISTRIBUTION TO UNITED STATES NEWSWIRE SERVICES OR FOR RELEASE, PUBLICATION, DISTRIBUTION OR DISSEMINATION DIRECTLY, OR INDIRECTLY, IN WHOLE OR IN PART, IN OR INTO THE UNITED STATES
Gold miner, Lachlan Star Limited ("Lachlan" or the "Company") (TSX:LSA)(ASX:LSA) is pleased to announce further drill results from its 100% owned CMD Gold Mine in Chile.
Highlights from the drill program include:
Tres Perlas Deposit
- 16.6m grading 0.94 g/t from 43.6m and 79.5m grading 1.24 g/t Au from 90.5m downhole in DDH 2012-30
- 60m grading 0.80 g/t Au from 158m downhole in RCH 2012-29, plus 28m grading 0.25% Cu from 189m downhole
- 52m grading 0.40 g/t Au from 63m and 79m grading 0.58 g/t Au from 137m downhole in RCH 2012-26, plus 65m grading 0.27% Cu from 42m downhole
- 15m grading 0.51 g/t Au from 16m downholeand 63m grading 0.63 g/t Au from 51m downhole in RCH 2012-24
- 16m grading 0.71 g/t Au from 99m downhole in RCH 2012-31
These holes were drilled into the El Sauce and Natalia areas of the Tres Perlas deposit, with the aim of converting Inferred mineral resources to Indicated category and to demonstrate the presence of mineralisation in the gaps in the mineral resource. These results have been received after the February 2012 mineral resource update and will be incorporated into a new 43101 Technical Report shortly.
Table 1 below contains a full list of recent drill results for the CMD Gold Mine for holes that have been drilled post the recent mineral resource update.
Table 2 contains a full list of recent drill results for the CMD Gold Mine for holes that have been drilled prior the recent mineral resource update but have not been released previously.
True widths are estimated to be approximately 85% of downhole widths.
A full copy of the announcement is available on the Company's website at the link below: