PERTH, WESTERN AUSTRALIA--(Marketwire - April 2, 2012) -
NOT FOR DISTRIBUTION TO UNITED STATES NEWSWIRE SERVICES OR FOR RELEASE, PUBLICATION, DISTRIBUTION OR DISSEMINATION DIRECTLY, OR INDIRECTLY, IN WHOLE OR IN PART, IN OR INTO THE UNITED STATES
Gold miner, Lachlan Star Limited ("Lachlan" or the "Company") (TSX:LSA)(ASX:LSA) is pleased to announce further drill results from its 100% owned CMD Gold Mine in Chile.
Highlights from the drill program include:
Tres Perlas Deposit
- 157m grading 0.72 g/t from 25m downhole in RCH 2012-44
- 139m grading 0.68 g/t Au from 36m downhole in RCH 2012-51
- 152m grading 0.50 g/t Au from 35m downhole in RCH 2012-49, including 30m grading 1.01 g/t Au from 61m downhole
- 119.1m grading 0.44 g/t Au from 51.9m downhole in DDH2012-42
- 52m grading 0.34% Cu from 25m downhole in DDH 2012-45
- 74m grading 0.76 g/t Au from 142m downhole in DDH 2012-45, with 64m grading 0.13% Cu from 142m downhole
Drillholes DDH 2012-42, RCH 2012-44, RCH 2012-49 and RCH 2012-51 were drilled into the El Sauce area of Tres Perlas and have demonstrated the presence of near surface gold mineralisation beneath the El Sauce waste dump. Drillhole RCH 2012-45 was drilled to the east of the Tres Perlas pit and confirms the down dip extension of both the copper and gold mineralisation towards the Teck Carmen Andacollo mine.
These results have been received after the February 2012 mineral resource update and will be incorporated into a new NI 43101 Technical Report shortly.
A full copy of the announcement is available on the Company's website at the link below: