VANCOUVER, BRITISH COLUMBIA--(Marketwire - May 18, 2012) - Larry W. Reaugh, President and Chief Executive Officer of American Manganese Inc. ("American Manganese" or the "Company") (TSX VENTURE:AMY)(PINKSHEETS:AMYZF)(FRANKFURT:2AM), is pleased to announce the addition of Jan Eigenhuis to the Board of Directors of the Company.
Mr. Eigenhuis is a former senior executive at Manganese Metal Company of South Africa (MMC). He currently acts as a consultant to the electrolytic manganese industry worldwide. It is notable that he counts MMC as well as the Chinese manganese producers as clients.
Jan is a graduate of the University of Pretoria; B.Sc. (Chem. & Math.) and the University of South Africa; MBL (Master Business Leadership). His 30 years of business experience in mineral beneficiation and the electrolytic manganese metal industry entails too much to detail here; highlights include:
- Management of R&D and process control laboratories in the chemical and mining industries, including the establishment of automated X-ray fluorescence spectrometry as a major analytical tool;
- Production management in mineral beneficiation (phosphate, copper and zirconium) and manganese electrolytic refining; commissioning of manganese sulfate production facilities and establishment of AI/Mn briquetting facilities;
- Launching and developing international markets for MnSO4, high purity ferrite grade Mn3O4 and feed-grade MnO products;
- Technical management of electrolytic manganese metal production - process and product development; of note is the achievement of a reduction in power consumption by cell geometry redesign;
- Environmental management at corporate and international level; hazardous landfill site licensing, construction and commissioning; consulting to the Chinese EPA to raise the standards of environmental management in the Chinese manganese metal industry;
- Recognized as an expert by the Peoples Republic of China; nominated by the Chinese Ministry of Environmental Protection for and a finalist in the 2009 China Green Person of the Year awards.
"The addition of Mr. Eigenhuis to the American Manganese Board provides the Company with another strong independent director with valuable experience and relationships in the manganese industry. His excellent background and experience will be invaluable to the Company and its stakeholders. I am very pleased to welcome Jan to our Board," said Larry Reaugh.
About American Manganese Inc.
American Manganese Inc. is a diversified specialty and critical metal company focusing on potentially becoming a producer of electrolytic manganese metal from its Arizona Manganese Project.
On behalf of Management
AMERICAN MANGANESE INC.
Larry W. Reaugh, President and Chief Executive Officer
This news release may contain certain "Forward-Looking Statements" within the meaning of Section 21E of the United States Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended. All statements, other than statements of historical fact, included herein are forward-looking statements that involve various risks and uncertainties. There can be no assurance that such statements will prove to be accurate, and actual results and future events could differ materially from those anticipated in such statements. Important factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from the Company's expectations are disclosed in the Company's documents filed from time to time with the TSX-Venture Exchange, the British Columbia Securities Commission and the US Securities and Exchange Commission.
The TSX-Venture Exchange has not reviewed and does not accept responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.