Enhanced Platform Enables Customization for Multi-Language Marketing and Revenue Partnerships
TORONTO, CANADA and LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA and NEW YORK, NEW YORK--(Marketwire - June 19, 2012) - Intertainment Media Inc. (TSX VENTURE:INT)(OTCQX:ITMTF)(FRANKFURT:I4T) ("Intertainment" or the "Company") is pleased to announce that its world leading real time global communications experiential platform, Ortsbo (www.ortsbo.com) has begun operations to provide enhanced commercial offerings allowing organizations to enable customized global language preferences and marketing services into their eCommerce platforms and strategies. These services will be offered on a fee for services basis and / or as a co-operative platform allowing Ortsbo to benefit from increased global sales and receive a percentage of revenue from these programs. Ortsbo already has a number of opportunities underway with expectations of launching pilot platforms later this summer. This program also dovetails into Ortsbo's strategy of initiating alternatives to advertising for its growing base of global users.
According to Capture Commerce, although the US and Canada lead ecommerce spending globally, consumers in other countries are increasingly shopping online. Worldwide ecommerce spending is projected to increase by more than 90 percent by 2014. A sizable portion of that growth is expected to come from Latin America, where the amount spent online is projected to more than double.
The Capture Commerce estimates of annual ecommerce spending, in billions for 2014 will be:
- North America $202.8 Billion
- Western Europe $166.5 Billion
- Asia-Pacific $93.2 Billion
- Latin America $27.1 Billion
- Eastern Europe & Russia $27.0 Billion
- Australia $4.9 Billion
- Africa & The Middle East $3.0 Billion
With respect to user language preference when engaging eCommerce and other online opportunities, users have indicated that they have a strong preference to engage and complete transactions online in their own language. Ortsbo's real time language platform, with micro domain services, allows customization of the client's proprietary terms and phraseology, providing a unique opportunity for online merchants to customize offerings, marketing messaging and emails in real time with multiple languages to create a real time experience to consumers in their preferred language without significant increase in resources or staffing by the merchant.
Some of the recent materials published reference this topic, including:
According to Common Sense Advisory:
- 72.4% of consumers say they would be more likely to buy a product with information in their own language
- 56.2% of consumers say that the ability to obtain information in their own language is more important than price
- 72.1% of consumers spend most or all of their time on sites in their own language
- 433 of the top 1,000 global websites addressed a single market in a single language with no attempt to address the needs of geo-lingual visitors
According to The Gallup Organization:
- 57% of the EU Internet users searched and bought products and service on the Internet in another language other than English
- Only 53% of users would accept using an English version of a website if it was not available in their own language
According to Miniwatts Marketing Group:
- Of the over 2.3B internet users globally, only 540M speak English
According to the T-Index:
- According to the T-Index projections for 2015, China, with a projected market share of 18.8%, compared to 11.5% in 2011, will overtake the Unites States. In addition, the United States will see its online sales potential drop from 24.4% in 2011 to 16.8% by 2015.
According to myGengo:
- Chinese, Spanish and English represent only 30% of the world's spoken language by population. But these languages make up roughly 60% of the internet users.
- 52% of non-English language users only buy from websites where the information is presented in their native language.
- When looking at French and Japanese native language speakers, 60% of them only buy from websites where the product and service information is presented in their native language.
- 56.2% of foreign language speakers say that when making a purchasing decision, information written in their native language was more important than a low price.
According to yStats:
- The reach of retail websites in the U.K. was almost 90% of all Internet users
- Limited Internet penetration and online payment options make Eastern Europe and China prime markets for e-commerce growth in coming years
According to ClickZ:
- When Spanish-language web content ends just before checkout and concludes in English, conversion rates fall off sharply (as much as 90 percent)
- Spanish-dominant and/or bilingual Latinos spend more dollars per transaction and per buyer compared to English-dominant Latinos
- According to Google, 47 percent of Hispanics use the Internet as their primary source for retail-related shopping (vs. 41 percent non-Hispanics).
For more information on this program, please contact the Company.
To become a Facebook Fan of Ortsbo, sign up at www.facebook.com/ortsbo
Follow Ortsbo on Twitter
About Ortsbo Inc.
Now with over 162 million unique users in over 170 countries and territories, Ortsbo (www.ortsbo.com) enables real-time conversational translation for more than 50 languages. Ortsbo's flagship product for social media supports global communications with instant translation capability and real-time, multi-lingual social media chat. Ortsbo's technologies support major social platforms including MSN, Google, Facebook, Twitter and Yahoo!, as well as all major desktop and mobile operating systems, browsers and devices. Ortsbo, based in Toronto and with offices in Los Angeles and New York, is a subsidiary of Intertainment Media (www.intertainmentmedia.com).
About Intertainment Media Inc.
Intertainment is one of Canada's leading technology incubators and is focused on developing, nurturing and investing in both North American and global technologies and companies that provide technology solutions for brands and consumers alike. Intertainment also owns and operates a number of key properties including Ad Taffy, itiBiti, Ortsbo, Deal Frenzy and Magnum, with investments in leading edge technologies and social media platforms including theaudience.com. For more information on Intertainment and its properties, please visit www.intertainmentmedia.com.
Intertainment is headquartered in the Toronto, Canada region, with offices in New York, Los Angeles and San Mateo, CA and is listed on the TSX Venture Exchange under the symbol "INT" (TSX VENTURE:INT) and in the US on the OTCQX Market under the symbol "ITMTF". Intertainment is also traded in Europe on the unofficial market of the Frankfurt Exchange through the XETRA trading platform under the symbol "I4T".
This news release may contain certain forward-looking information. All statements included herein, other than statements of historical fact, is forward-looking information and such information involves various risks and uncertainties. There can be no assurance that such information will prove to be accurate, and actual results and future events could differ materially from those anticipated in such information. A description of assumptions used to develop such forward looking information and a description of risk factors that may cause actual results to differ materially from forward-looking information can be found in the company's disclosure documents on the SEDAR website at www.sedar.com. The company does not undertake to update any forward-looking information except in accordance with applicable securities laws.
This release may contain forward looking statements within the meaning of the "safe harbor" provisions of US laws. These statements are based on management's current expectations and beliefs and are subject to a number of risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from those described in the forward looking statements. Intertainment Media Inc. does not assume any obligation to update any forward looking information contained in this news release.
Neither the TSX Venture Exchange nor its Regulation Services Provider (as that term is defined in the policies of the TSX Venture Exchange) accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.